All entries were due on 10-18-2016 on Athletic.net
MIDDLE SCHOOL COACHES – Register all athletes grades 6-8 in the Middle School Division. New to this year – 6th graders can compete in the 7/8th grade race. We require that teams only have at most two – 6th graders compete in the 7/8th grade middle school race. Any 6th grader who competes in the 7/8th grade race will not be allowed to run in the 6th grade race and will not be eligible for awards in the 6th grade division. 6th graders who compete in the 7/8th grade race are eligible to count for there team in the 7/8 race and are eligible for the 7/8 awards.
Event Date: Saturday, October 8, 2016
COURSE LOCATION: Portage West Middle School – 7145 Moorsbridge Rd, Portage, MI 49024
Coaches, please download the following information: Please share pertinent information with your supporters/parents.
2016 Portage Invitational Time Schedule
8:15 Glory Days XC 5K Race (report 8:05)
Divisions 3 & 4
9:00 Division 4 Men (report 8:50)
9:30 Division 3 Men (report 9:20)
10:00 Division 4 Women (report 9:50)
10:30 Division 3 Women (report 10:20)
11:00 Division 3 & 4 Reserve Men (report 10:50)
11:30 Division 3 & 4 Reserve Women (report 11:20)
12:00 Middle School Boys (report 11:50)
12:20 Middle School Girls (report 12:10)
12:40 6th Grade Boys and Girls (report 12:30)
Divisions 1 & 2
1:00 Division 2 Men (report 12:50)
1:30 Division 1 Men (report 1:20)
2:00 Division 2 Women (report 1:50)
2:30 Division 1 Women (report 2:20)
3:00 Division 2 Reserve Men (report 2:50)
3:30 Division 1 Reserve Men (report 3:20)
4:00 Division 2 Reserve Women (report 3:50)
4:30 Division 1 Reserve Women (report 4:20)
Concessions will be available on site.
Shirts Available for Purchase:
- Under Armour Long Sleeve $30
- Cotton T Shirt $15
- Race numbers with Magnetic Strips for timing. (DO NOT BEND OR BREAK THESE STRIPS- YOUR NUMBER MUST NOT BE MODIFIED)
- Box assignments
- Course map
- RACE BIBS & VARSITY ENTRY
There is no need to declare your varsity runners. Any of your 7 runners who were registered may run in the varsity races. You do not need to designate who these runners are. All other runners will run in the reserve races.
Runners must wear the bib on the FRONT of their singlet so that it is visible. 4 pins have been provided for each bib. Bibs may not be altered, such as cutting, folding or wrinkling.
Please Return ALL UNUSED D-TAGS to the registration tent
Course is open for preview the night before after 5:00 P.M. Please be courteous to our set up crew and not move any of the starting area, gates, rope, etc..
Athletes may preview the course throughout the day. Please ask your runners to move off the course when other races are competing.
DO NOT CROSS ANY TIMING MATS WHEN PREVIEWING THE COURSE. If a person wearing a chip crosses the timing mats while previewing the course, this could create errors in the scoring and timing of the races.
MICHIGAN UNIFORM RULES: Regarding uniforms, tights and undershirts must be of a single solid color, and match all other team members. Hats and headbands must also be of a single solid color, but do not have to match teammates. Watches are permissible. If you should have questions please ask one of the starters prior to your race.
RESULTS & AWARDS.
- 7 t-shirts to each paid H.S. team courtesy of the Portage Invitational, Under Armour, and Gazelle Sports.
- Trophies to top three teams in each division, including middle school and 6th grade races.
- Championship Under Armour Long Sleeve shirts to the winning team (7) in each varsity division, middle school and 6th grade.
- Medals to the top 50 in all races.
- Results tickets – please present these to pick up a copy of the results for your race.
- 6th graders may run in either the Middle School Races (up to 2 sixth graders per team) or 6th Grade race. Any 6th grader who runs in the middle school race is not eligible for the 6th grade race or awards in the 6th grade race. They can score and earn awards in the race in which they compete only.